Quotes are powerful words to stir thinking process, give new perspective on things, motivate to take action. Here are some quotes on planning and strategy that I collected from book Strategic Management by Fred David.
- Like a product or service, the planning process itself must be managed and shaped, if it is to serve executives as a vehicle for strategic decision making. – Robert Lenz
- Strategies for taking the hill won’t necessarily hold it. – Amar Bhide
- Great spirits have always encountered vioulent opposition from mediocre minds. – Albert Einstein
- A firm that continues to employ a previously successful strategy eventually and inevitably falls victim to a competitor. – Bill Cohen
- Planning is often doomed before it ever starts, either because too much is expected of it or because not enough is put into it. – T. J. Cartwright
- Planners should not plan, but serve as facilitators, catalysts, inquirers, educators, and synthesizers to guide the planning process effectively. – A. Hax and N. Majluf
- Don’t recommend anything you woul not be prepared to do yourself if you were in the decision maker’s shoes. – A. J. Strickland III