Workplaces have transformed a lot in last few years from people working in same office building to team members scattered over different continents. This poses some benefits and challenges. As we all know that we are all connected via communication and our communication skills and capabilities play a major role in our success.
Keeping the communication channel open and alive is the responsibility of the manager. As a manager you just can not assume that if no one is complaining, all is well. There are some employees who get chance to meet and talk to boss on performance review day. I know there might be some employees who always say “everything is good” and prefer least interference as all the routine work is being done on time.
Does not matter what kind of work you are in, keeping in touch with your direct reports does the following –
1. Boosts the employee morale (you value the employee by calling or listening).
2. Employee feels connected with the organization/department.
3. Employee is encouraged to give and receive suggestion/feedback.
4. You can coach employee in the right direction as per his objectives.
5. Your objectives and expectations are clearly communicated and aligned.
6. You, employee and organization, all benefit from this interaction.
7. You make the real difference by managing talent.
Employee is a talent. We know that when we are managing talent in this innovation age, we got to ensure that talent thrives and stays innovative.
Thank you for reading and have a great day.
Categories: Compuware, Leadership, Management, manager, Meetings, Motivation, Productivity, Project Manager, Workplace
Leave a Reply